Tuesday

La Taille

It's been ages......we have been busy in the fields since the beginning of the year but my half is done and I am back in the office so you shall be hearing from me more often.
We just finished pre-pruning the vines. Each year the vines must be pruned in preparation for their year of growth, 'la taille' as they call it around here makes up for most of our winter work. We pre- prune the vines first, burning the old wood as we go along. The month of pre pruning together is one of my favorite times of the year, the physical aspect of out door work, fresh air and meditative rhythm is a wonderful change from my office work in doors. 
In saying that I am very comfy here today next to the crackling fire with a hot cup of sage tea and the wind whirling about out doors. 
 

No comments: